This page discusses where you can download the calculator software, how to implement it on your website and under what license this software is made available.
The Public Domain Calculator is part of EuropeanaLabs, an open source repository that supports the development of Europeana.
You can check out (read only) the source code on the subversion system of EuropeanaLabs using:
svn checkout http://www.europeanalabs.eu/svn/contrib/kennisland/PublicDomainHelperTool
Different compiled formats of the Public Domain Calculator are available:
- Browse source code
- Compiled source of button based calculator
- Compiled source of form based calculator
- Compiled source of automatic calculator
Integrate Compiled Source into your own Website
Add the following line to the head of your HTML to include the software:
Place the following divs on your webpage to enable the interface of the calculator:
Integrate Software into a Backend System
The Public Domain Calculator is written in java using Google WebToolkit, rewriting the interface methods using another interface library will not proof to be difficult with the architecture of this tool.
You can also write a tree walker module that can read the developed xml format in the programming language of your choice. Please check the source code for an example of a tree walker for this format.
You can contact Maarten Zeinstra if you have any questions concerning the implementation of the Public Domain Calculators on your own platform.
This software is licensed under a EUPL v1.1 license.
You are free to:
- Use the software in any way
- Reproduce (copy, duplicate) the software
- Modify the original software and/or make derivative works out of it
- Distribute the software or copies thereof to other users, even for commercial purposes
As long as you:
- Keep intact all existing copyright mentions
- Identify your own modifications by prominent marks, with mention of your own copyright
- If you redistribute it, ensure that it is done under the EUPL licence or under a compatible licence
Click here for additional persmissions and information about this license.